Monday, April 6, 2009

Tomato Scare!...FalseAlarm.



This evening I went to check on my seedlings and found the leaves on one of my tomato plants all curled up. I thought...oh no...I'm losing my plant to some viral disease, but I also noticed that the peat pot it was housed in was bone dry and when I turned it over some of the roots had outgrown the pot. So I watered all of my tomato plants quite generously(and here I was trying not to over water.) I have to remember that peat pots lose moisture much quicker and that tomatoes are water guzzlers. So I checked on my plant an hour later and the leaves had mostly uncurled, as you can see from the picture. Whew!!! I don't have much room for error. I have a total of 12 plants...six for my garden and the remaining I've gifted to some friends and family.





"Evidence of Neglect"

Tomorrow I will be repotting these.









I'm just admiring my plant... like the proud mom of a newborn.




I just wanted to show you a picture of my sprayer. I love this thing. I use it to fertilize my plants(spray the leaves)...mist my little seedlings...and my worm bin. It makes my life easier and yes It's my toy...but I have to admit that my little tomato fiasco occurred due to relying on the sprayer to provide all of the plants watering needs. It just doesn't spray enough. You'd have to stand there long time spraying the plant, which just isn't efficient. I'll stick to my watering can.

No comments:

Post a Comment